- What's sampling format?
This is the format to define how the three components (Y,U, V or R, G, B) are sampled, including :
- YUV 4:4:4: Y, U and V are all in sampling format, no being down-sampled
- YUV 4:2:2: Y is in full sampling format, while U and V are down-sampled horizontally
- YUV 4:2:0: Y is in full sampling format, while U and V are down-sampled both vertically and horizontally
- RGB 4:4:4: R, G and B are all in sampling format, no being down-sampled
- What's interlace/progressive format?
This is to define whether the video frame (the whole image) is a single progressive frame, or two interlaced fields
- One single progressive frame:
- Two interlaced fields:
- What's pixel packing format?
This setting is used to specify the organization of YUV components for each pixel, whether in planar format or packed format:
- planar format: Y values for all pixels are put together, as well as U and V, like: YYYYYY......UUUUUUU.......VVVVVV......
- packed format: pixel YUV value are packed together as: YUV, YUV, YUV,....